Today I’ve brought a really necessary guide for Pakistani/Indians and everyone who is looking for how to type Urdu language in combination with English. Typing Urdu language is essential for Pakistani citizen because it’s their mother tongue and they type Urdu so often then English. Let’s read the guide below:
Step One: Install Urdu Language Support / Right-to-Left Language Support
1) Go to Control Panel and type ‘Region and Language’ in search box at top-right corner of the window You will see it’s icon with name Change the date, time, or number format double-click on it.
|You can go to Control Panel just by pressing Windows Key + R and type 'control’ then press 'Enter’ key|
2) ‘Region and Language’ window will open. Now click on the ‘Keyboard and Languages’ which is on the number three order. Point your cursor to ‘Display language’ section and click on the ‘Install/uninstall languages...’ button.
3) A new dialog box will appear ‘Choose to install or uninstall display languages’ which two options will appear ‘Install display languages’ and Uninstall display languages
4) Click on the ‘Install display languages’ option. You will take to the next page with title ‘Choose your method of install’ with two options ‘Launch Windows Update’ and ‘Browse computer or network’.
5) Skip this step if you don’t have Windows 7 DVD, if yes then click on ‘Browse computer or network’ and then browse to the Windows 7 DVD to install Right-left language support.6) Click on the ‘Launch Windows Update’ if you have access to the internet from your PC. After that ‘Windows Update’ window will appear you can either click on ‘Install updates’ to install languages or either you can click on Optional updates are available’ to install a language pack of your needs.
Step Two: Install Phonetic Keyboard Layout to Type Urdu Language Easily
1) Now you have installed Urdu/Arabic language support in your Windows 7. Now you can install Phonetic keyboard layout because this is the most commonly used Keyboard layout in Pakistan, India to type Urdu language. You can click on the below to install Phonetic Keyboard layout:
(Note: Extract this link with Winrar and Click On Setup.exe)
Congratulation now you can type Urdu language anywhere on your computer. You can also install Urdu fonts on your computer to get different styles of writing by going to link below: