If you’re looking to type Urdu in your operating system then it’s not really a hard job to do. Since people are using Urdu Inpage to type all Urdu stuff but now it's becoming easy to type in Urdu using Noori Nastaleeq font in any of Microsoft Office suite programs and even in Microsoft Word.
At First, you need to activate Urdu typing feature then we can able to type Urdu anywhere in Windows. Whether you’re renaming your folders, or write document in Microsoft Word 2003/2007/2010, or doing Facebook chat in Urdu, everywhere from desktop to website online you’ll be able to write Urdu.
After you’ve successfully activated Urdu language feature in your windows environment now you’ll see that whenever you try to type Urdu you’ll get Arabic Character style fonts. Now you probably thinking on getting similar font-type results as you had in Inpage Urdu. No worries, because every solution is available for you. There is a font called ‘Jameel Noori Nastaleeq’ that can easily help you to type in Urdu pretty similar font style as you see while typing Urdu in Inpage. You can get this Urdu font easily and you can install it into your computer to achieve the exactly same results.
2. You can download ‘Noori Nastaleeq’ font from link below:
3. To install this font all you need is to first extract this zip file by right-clicking and select ‘Extract Here' if you’ve installed WinRAR compression utility very useful if you don’t have this please download it here. However, there is a built-in Windows 7 feature allows you to extract zip file without installing any compression utility, you can use if you don’t want to install any additional utility.
Finally, You Just need to copy the extracted font files to your Windows’s ‘Font’ folder. You can go to this folder by:
4. Clicking Start Menu > Type ‘Run’ and press ‘Enter’ key and then Run command window will open.
5. Next You just need to ‘Fonts’ inside text-box of Run command window.
6. Now paste the font files to ‘Fonts’ folder
Close all the programs and then re-open to use this font. Let’s enjoy typing in our native language Urdu and get the experience of professional Urdu typing by using Noori Nastaleeq font in Microsoft Word.